Political and Civic Involvement Opportunities in Massachusetts
Activities are restricted due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)!
Mass. Town Political Committee's Facebook Pages and websites post many events both virtual and in the Boston area that are now happening :
(*) JFK Library and Museum 's "Virtual Forum: Climate Change ,Survival and Deepening Our Humanity" on Tuesday November 17 at 6 pm;
(*) “Rally: Protect the Results & Count Every Vote – Boston” on Wednesday November 4 at 5 pm at the State House in Boston;
(*) Politics and Prose Bookstore, Washington D.C., "Virtual Event Series" at https://www.politics-prose.com/ ;
September through December 2020
Massachusetts Town Political Committees are busy with :
"ZOOM: Holiday Party"; "ZOOM: Winter Holiday Reception"; "Annual Holiday Party"; "Outdoor Election Celebration Party"; "Presidential Election Watch Party"; "Local Beers and Local Politics"; "Virtual: I will Vote Grassroot Concert"; "Virtual Annual Breakfast"; "ZOOM: Book Club Discussions"; "Movie Watch Party";
Community Service Events
"Blood Drive"; "Collections for Justice- Gift Cards & Books for Prisoners"; "Food and Diaper Drive"; "Free Rides to Polls on Election Day"; "Buying Gift Cards for the Homeless"; " Trail Through Time Maintenance"; "Food Drives"; "Food Pantry & Outreach"; "Community Clean Up"
"Town Masks and One Button Fundraiser"; "Virtual: Champions of Democracy Fundraiser; "Virtual Bartending Fundraising Event" ; "Zoom Fundraiser Guest Speakers";
Mass. Town Political Committee's Facebooks and websites post many civic and political activities & current events that are now happening such as:
*Salutes Our Veterans"; * "Virtual Forum: How ** Volunteers Impact Our Town " ; *"Virtual Ranked Choice Voting Forum"; * "Issue Survey"; * "Voter Suppression Forum"; *"Virtual Grassroots Voter Education"; * "Virtual Learn To Vote Event"; *"Virtual Voting Awareness Campaign" ; * "Virtual Voter Registration";
*"Car Caravan: Cancel Evictions and Foreclosures"; * "Rally: Drivers Licenses Now!" , "Back the Blue (Police) Rally";
*"Virtual Community Conversation on Anti-Racism"; * " Virtual Community Forum on Race, Diversity, and Inclusion ; also,
"Civic Issues Forums"; "Civics Matters Series"; *Town Government 101 Forums;
* "Non-Partisan Town Government Civic Forum"; "Better Angels Red/Blue Workshop;
Civics and Political Activity
* ZOOM: State Representative Office Hours"; "Facebook Live: Conversations with State with State Representatives ; *Candidate Debates, Forums & Fundraiser;
* Political Platform events;
* Documentary Screenings on Civic/Political Issues;
* Email/ Call/text legislators to support bills;
* "Virtual Hearing on Bills at State House";
*"ZOOM: State House Public Hearing to take Testimony" from citizens on pending legislation;
*Listening Sessions", "StandOuts", and "Post Card Parties" for civic, policy issues, legislative bills, and candidates;
Also, the following Virtual & Live activities:
Campaign, Canvassing, Volunteering, and Civics Training; *StandOut/Drive-Thru Signature Gathering; * Phone Banking; * Campaign/Election Sign Holding/Lawn Signs; "Text-a-Thon Party";
Civic and Policy Issues
* Save the Ferry; * Drivers Licenses for Illegal Immigrants; * 10 Point Plan for Police Reform; *Election Laws; Coronavirus; Election Integrity; Education Equality; Safe Communities; Emergency Paid Sick Time; Plastic Bag Ban, Vaping Ban, Social Security, Open Internet Order, Clean Energy, Transgender Civil Rights; Ranked Choice Voting, Improving Medicare and Health Care, Immigration, Expanding Mass. Transit Rails, the Opioid Crises, Retail Marijuana, Gun Control ; Safe Patient Limits; Massachusetts should/should not be a "Sanctuary State"; Single Payer Health Insurance;
The Work and Mobility Act.
Boston State House
* EVENTS: Boston's State House has multiple events every week that are open to everyone of all ages! See what topics might interest you and plan on attending an event! Visit www.mass.gov/state-house-events ;
* Visit malegislature.gov to get the latest news on "Bills & laws", "Hearing and Events", "Legislators", "Committees and Commissions", and more...
Town Hall/City Hall Civics
* Be alert to when your town is having elections this Spring and Fall for Board of Selectman and Board of Education, or when your city is having elections this fall for Mayor, City Council, and School Committee! Visit your Town Hall to see how to become an election worker for City Elections.
* Volunteer to serve on a Board or Committee in your town government!
Civics and Government
* Community Engagement -Attorney General Maura Healy's Office offers a "Fall Series: Know Your Rights Presentations" of free webinars on different topics:
For more information and viewing
click on https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ag-healeys-summer-webinar-series-tickets-105859197710