Political and Civic Involvement Opportunities in Massachusetts
Activities are restricted due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)!
Mass. Town Political Committee's Facebook Pages and websites post many events both virtual and in the Boston area that are now happening :
May/ April 2021
(*) Senator Edward Kennedy Institute for the Senate's "ZOOM: Getting to the Point with John Brennan, Former Director of the CIA" on Tuesday May 18 at 5:30 pm;
(*) U.S. Representative Richard Neal's "Virtual Paid Leave Town Hall" on Monday May 10 at 4 pm;
(*) JFK Library and Museum's Virtual Forum " America United: Finding Common Ground" on Tuesday May 4 at 6 pm;
(*) "International Workers’ Day Rally Boston" (May Day Rally) on Saturday May 1 at 1 pm at the Parkman Bandstand on the Boston Common;
(*) Senator Edward Kennedy Institute for the Senate's "ZOOM: Across the Isle - A Bipartisan Discussion on Finding Common ground in the 117th Congress" on Wednesday April 28 at 3:30 pm;
(*) "Earth Day Boston’s Free Virtual Musical Event " on Thursday April 22 from 7 to 8:30 pm;
(*) Worcester's "Annual Citywide Earth Day Cleanup Event 2021" on Thursday April 22 at 8 am at 50 sites across the city;
(*) JFK Library and Museum's "ZOOM Forum: Police and Justice Reform" on Wednesday April 21 at 6 pm;
(*)"Patriots Freedom Rally" on Monday April 19 at 12 pm at Hastings Park in Lexington.
(*) "Mass Action Against Police Brutality RALLY" on Wednesday April 15 at the State House in Boston;
(*) Congressman Bill Keating's "ZOOM: Climate and Infrastructure Town Hall" on Wednesday April 7 at 7 pm;
March 2021 through May 2021
Massachusetts Town Political Committees are busy with :
*"Walking Tour exhibit about Women's Suffrage" ;
"ZOOM: First Friday Gathering";
*" Virtual : The 2021 Poetic Address to the Nation";
"Annual Good Neighbor Award";
"ZOOM: Book Club Discussions"; "Movie Watch Party".
Community Service Events
"Personal Hygiene and Care Drive"; "Clean-Up Day & Food Drive"; "City-Wide CleanUp from Earth Day through May 21"; "Earth Day Town Clean-Up"; "Clothing Drive"; "Beach Clean-Up"; "Food Drives
"Annual Spring Breakfast"; "Virtual: The Heroes Brunch"
" Virtual St. Patrick's Day Breakfast" ;
"Virtual Annual Scholarship Breakfast";
"ZOOM: Trivia Night Fundraiser";
"Annual Bowl A Thon Fundraiser" .
Mass. Town Political Committee's Facebooks and websites post many civic and political activities & current events that are now happening such as:
Both Virtual and Real Time:
"Stop Asian Hate Lantern Ceremony";
*"Stop Asian Hate Rally";
* "Redistricting Watch Blog Series"
* "Speaker Series: Social Justice";
* "Free Telephone Calls: Cape Cod COVID-19 Vaccine Info"
*Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT) Training Program" ;
*"ZOOM: COVID-19 Community Vaccination Webinar";
*"Vigil of Solidarity and Remembrance to Those Lost to COVID-19";
*" Virtual Learning Session On Eradicating Racism.. A Path Forward" ;
*"Webinar: Citizen 101 - Going from Active on Election Day to Activism 365 Days a Year" ;
*"Virtual : Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Tributes & Day of Celebrations";
*"ZOOM: How Does the MA Legislature Work?" ;
*"ZOOM: 2021 Legislative Preview";
* "Forum: How Volunteers Impact Our Town " ;
*"Civic Issues Forums/Civics Matters Series";
* "Non-Partisan Town Government Civic Forum";
Civics and Political Activity
Both Virtual and Real Time:
*"Political Leadership School";
* "Campaign Management/ Training";
* "Inauguration Car Parade";
*"ZOOM: Impeachment Discussion";
* State Representative Office Hours, Conversations, & Listening Sessions";
*Candidate Debates, Forums & Fundraiser;
* Political Platform events;
* Documentary Screenings on Civic/Political Issues;
* Email/ Call/text legislators to support bills;
* "l Hearing on Bills at State House";
*" State House Public Hearing to take Testimony" from citizens on pending legislation;
Civic and Policy Issues
* Transparency in Mass. House Rules Process*; Pet Daycare Facilities Regulation; " No New Prisons"; * Civics Education; *Housing; * Save the Ferry; * Say "NO" to Compressor Station; * Voting Integrity; * Drivers Licenses for Illegal Immigrants; * 10 Point Plan for Police Reform; *Election Laws; Coronavirus; Election Integrity; Education Equality; Safe Communities; Emergency Paid Sick Time; Plastic Bag Ban, Vaping Ban, Social Security, Open Internet Order, Clean Energy, Transgender Civil Rights; Ranked Choice Voting, Improving Medicare and Health Care, Immigration, Expanding Mass. Transit Rails, the Opioid Crises, Retail Marijuana, Gun Control ; Safe Patient Limits; Massachusetts should/should not be a "Sanctuary State"; Single Payer Health Insurance;
The Work and Mobility Act.